Supply and Demand Chain Executive magazine has named Kane Is Able a 2015 Green Supply Chain Award winner, recognizing KANE's efforts to make sustainability a core part of its supply c hain strategy.
Winners were named by the magazine's editors after careful evaluation of entries by numerous companies outlining their sustainability program's strategy, implementation and impact.
KANE's sustainability efforts include:
- Gained early certification from the EPA SmartWay® Program
- Updated to more fuel-efficient trucks
- Leverage Tier 1 transportation management system to optimize freight runs
- Run industry-leading freight consolidation program to deliver the same volume of freight in fewer, fuller trucks
- Implemented T5 lighting in distribution centers, with motion detectors
- Manage an aggressive recycling program for paper, cardboard, plastic and aluminum